Administrative Assistant, Medical Affairs and Pharmacovigilance
Category: Research & Development | Country: United States | State: California | City: Palo Alto | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4196
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Administrative Assistant, Medical Affairs (MA) and Pharmacovigilance (PV) will work as an integral member of Jazz Pharmaceuticals MA and PV departments and the Research and Development (R&D) organization. This individual will be part of the business support team and the R&D support team. This position is accountable for providing comprehensive administrative support to the VP, MA and PV and the associated MA and PV Leadership teams.
This role does not offer relocation
Essential Job Functions:
A highly motivated, experienced professional is needed who is confident in his/her ability to deal with the challenges of working in a fast paced environment, including regular contact with demanding internal and external customers, high and unpredictable work volumes, and frequently changing travel and meeting plans. Must have outstanding organizational and planning abilities, be detail-oriented, and be able to prioritize with minimal guidance. This position must be able to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
The Administrative Assistant, MA and PV will insure the teams run smoothly, efficiently and professionally, coordinating all activities including, but not limited to:
- Schedule, organize and maintain activities such as professional calendars, meetings, travel arrangements and itineraries for the VP, select team members and other functional heads
- Plan, schedule, and support the execution of team and outside meetings, including off-site and teleconferences. This may include assisting with coordination with vendors, speakers and meeting logistics personnel
- Review and/or prepare routine correspondence and documents
- Triage phone calls and communications
- Prepare, submit and reconcile expense reports
- Maintain office supplies, handle mail, follow through with various on-going administrative tasks
- Handle confidential and non-routine information for the individuals supported
- Act as a liaison with other departments’ administrative support
- Coordination of projects as assigned
- An Associate’s Degree is required; BA preferred.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in an administrative role in a large department environment; Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suit.
- Familiarity with travel and expense reporting tools, Concur preferred.
- Have effective written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong time-management, organization skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, work effectively with little or no direction, and build collaborative relationships with management, partners and peers.
- Must be able to work in a highly energetic, flexible, and fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel to occasional offsite meetings (<10%).
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.