Research & Development | United States | California | Palo Alto | Regular Full Time | Job ID: 4142
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director (AD) of Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) will serve as the PRO expert for assigned clinical programs, which will require working with cross functional teams to develop a PRO strategy across the life cycle of a product. The AD will consult on the appropriate use of, analysis of, and interpretation of PROs within that clinical program. The AD may work with internal and external experts on the development of new PRO measures, as needed. The AD will work closely with the Director of PROs to plan and communicate the PRO strategy across Jazz’s diverse product profile. The AD will report to the Director of PROs, within the HEOR group, and will work closely with clinical development and other cross-functional departments. The role will be based in Palo Alto.
Work with Director of PROs to:
- Develop PRO strategy for assigned clinical programs in collaboration with the PRO Director and cross-functional teams.
- Understand and communicate how PRO data can help support access and reimbursement for assigned clinical programs.
- Support the Director as an expert in PRO methodology.
- Work with clinical development teams to identify appropriate trial endpoints and/or to understand when new measures should be developed.
- Manage relationships with vendors to ensure timely completion of high quality projects.
- Communicate study plans, study methods and results to internal teams.
- Present research findings at scientific congresses and support the development and writing of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts for publication, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy and other business partners.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners on HEOR/PRO projects.
- Represent HEOR/PRO on cross-functional internal teams.
- Remain current on HEOR/PRO data sources and analytic methods.
- Master’s or PhD in Psychology, Public Health, Psychometrics, Outcomes Research, and Health services research or a closely related discipline.
- At least 5 years of PRO experience in the pharmaceutical or related industries (e.g., consulting).
- Experience with pharmaceutical or biotechnology drug development process.
- Experience with PRO/COA requirements for regulatory and reimbursement agencies, including understanding for FDA’s patient-reported outcome guidance.
- Experience with managing PRO development and validation projects.
- Awareness of healthcare markets and regulatory and reimbursement decision making, especially in relation to the global use of PRO data.
- Understanding of the evolving use of PRO research concepts and methodologies.
- Experience with PRO strategy and implementation in US, EU and rest-of-world (ROW) markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytic skills.
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a variety of health outcomes methodologies and therapeutic areas.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of time.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.