Clinical Scientist, Sleep Development
Category: Research & Development| Country: United States | State: California | City: Palo Alto | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4496
Same Job Available in Two Locations
Palo Alto, California, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is seeking a clinical scientist to join a development team in central nervous system drug development. You will be responsible for assisting senior clinical development staff in the preparation and review of clinical documents and conducting research and developing presentations. You will interact with multidisciplinary groups across the company including clinical operations, regulatory, biostatistics, clinical pharmacology, quality, nonclinical, medical affairs, and commercial.
- Read and interpret scientific and medical literature for the use in clinical documents and to assist clinical team decision making
- Develop phase II-IV clinical protocols as part of a clinical development team
- Prepare clinical portions of all relevant regulatory filings (INDs, meeting requests, NDAs, etc.)
- Help identify clinical investigators and coordinate their activities for the conduct of clinical trials and advisory board meetings
- Work closely with other functional areas within R&D (clinical operations, data management, biostatistics, clinical pharmacology, nonclinical) to facilitate the execution of clinical trials
- Prepare clinical data and clinical program presentations
- Generate and supervise the drafting of clinical study reports
- Assess the accuracy of clinical data in clinical documents
- Represent the company at scientific and industry conferences, as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Collaborative and flexible in personal interactions
- Passionate about improving patient care
- 2+ years of corporate, government, or academic pharmaceutical development experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in scientific research is required, with CNS or Sleep Medicine expertise preferred
- Travel required (up to 5-20% of time)
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- PhD, MD, DO, PharmD, or other advanced scientific or clinical degrees considered
Description of Physical Demands
- Mobility within office environment (between offices, conference rooms, and buildings)
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Constantly using a computer, printer, telephone, and other office machinery
Description of Work Environment
- Office environment with limited exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and extreme temperature changes
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that includes working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Occasional professional conferences and meetings that require appropriate business attire 16-360 Clinical Scientist, Sleep Development
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.