What you will do
Due to growth and expansion an exciting role to collate and manage all event sourcing activity for this fast paced international events company.
- Go to market and source suitable venues, negotiating as you go to obtain best price and quality.
- Manage proposals and negotiate with suppliers to suit the businesses needs.
- Advise on the best option for business considering both quality/suitability and commercial factors
- Negotiate commission and cost reductions ensuring that events are kept within company budget
- Build relationship with key venues in UK/Americas/Asia to drive down overall spend and negotiate the best rates
- Make the “final deal” calls to drive down costs further
- Manage the relevant administration processes
What you will bring to the table
Skills & Competencies:
- 2 + years events management experience with clear and demonstrable experience of sourcing venues
- Methodical approach to work with good project and time management skills
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to use excel to interpret complex financial information
- Show good initiative/communication skills specifically telephone techniques – including ability to interpret commercial requirements and negotiation
- Confident/friendly personality which is portrayed on the telephone and face to face when meeting clients
- Experience in checking legal contracts
- Industry working knowledge and experience – eg. Event manager, agency background and/or hotel conference office/reservations/hotel experience
- Stakeholder management Experience
- Excellent time management and organisation – demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects at once
£23,000 – £33,000 Depending On Experience
Company Pension Contributions
20 + Days Holidays
Applicants must be results orientated and driven to succeed