Category: Research & Development| Country: United States | State: Pennsylvania| City: Philadelphia | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4515
Same Job Available in Two Locations
Palo Alto, California, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Lead the biostatistics function and personnel to develop and execute statistical strategy, design, and analyses for clinical trials
- Manage biostatisticians within the therapeutic area.
- Manage CROs regarding statistical activities to ensure timely delivery of quality analysis results
- Provide guidelines and standards to CROs to ensure quality of deliverables
- Work with department head, peer management, and employees to develop, implement, and maintain department standards and practices
- Help design data capture methods and select appropriate study endpoints for clinical programs
- Attend meetings with regulatory agencies and support/defend clinical programs
- Collaborate with researchers and thought leaders in the planning of clinical development programs and the publication of study data
- Present study results to internal and external audiences
- Be able to conduct independent research and resolve statistical methodological issues
- Develop statistical programs as necessary to perform analysis, prepare data displays, verify data accuracy and validity
- Recruit, develop, and supervise internal and external statistical resources to achieve department functional goals
- MS in Statistics, Mathematics, or related fields required. PhD in Statistics or related field preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 3 years of supervisory experience is preferred
- Good knowledge of drug development regulations pertinent to statistical analysis
- Experience in contributing to NDAs/BLAs submission and defense is required
- Proficient SAS programming skills, solid understanding of CDISC models and standards
- Excellent writing and communication skills, demonstrated leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal skills
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.