Director, Biostatistics, Medical Affairs
Category: Research & Development| Country: United States | State: Pennsylvania | City: Philadelphia| Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4505
Same Job Available in Two Locations
Palo Alto, California, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Director, Biostatistics, Medical Affairs, will be responsible for leading the Biostatistics function responsible for supporting Health Economics and Outcomes research, Real World Evidence, and Corporate Value within the Medical Affairs, Biostatistics Department. The Director will provide statistical leadership for HEOR and value, across all Jazz products. This position reports into SD Biostatistics, Medical Affairs.
- Provide statistical leadership for Biostatistics function responsible for supporting health economics and outcomes research, health technical assessments and corporate value.
- Support and assume accountability for planning, organization, and execution of biostatistics activities for HEOR/RWE/Corporate value including input on vendor selection, protocol development oversight, preparation of analysis plans, and delivery of statistical analyses across all development programs at Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Responsible for statistical integrity of proposed and executed analyses across all Jazz compounds for aforementioned groups.
- Provide statistical representation in meetings/conferences to support medical communications and health technology assessments.
- Lead efforts for process and SOP development for alignment between biostatistics function and aforementioned internal working partners by engaging cross functional leaders. Serve as a biostatistics representative on cross functional initiatives in this regard..
- Provide expertise, support and leadership in choice, management and issue escalation with respect to biostatistics vendors and CROs.
- Develop collegial and productive relationships with senior leaders across Jazz through collaboration and presentations.
- Conduct independent research and resolve statistical methodological issues when needed
- Recruit, develop, and retain talents to meet group and department functional goals and business objective of Jazz Pharmaceuticals as needed.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- MS in Statistics, Mathematics, or related fields
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. Experience with real world evidence and HEOR projects/studies preferred
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to California/Pennsylvania sites to ensure collaboration with internal stakeholders in both locations
- Excellent writing and communication skills, demonstrated leadership and project management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to present complex issues and proposed solutions to cross functional senior leadership
- Developed organizational awareness and proven ability to influence leaders from other functions
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.