Director, Global Medical Information
Category: Research & Development | Country: United States | State: California | City: Palo Alto | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4209
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Director of Global Medical Information
The Director of Global Medical Information will function as the Head of Global Medical Information and set the strategic vision of the Medical Information team at Jazz Pharmaceuticals. He/she will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Medical Information Team as well as the daily operations for responding to medical inquiries. The Director Medical Information will ensure that the Medical Information team provides complete, accurate and unbiased information to internal and external customers. The director Medical Information will also provide leadership and direction for the medical expertise of the Promotional Review Committee. The position will report to the vice-president of Global Scientific Affairs.
- Responsible for the strategic oversight and management of the Global Medical Information Team and the medical information call centers.
- Develop and maintain appropriate metrics for effectively monitoring quality and timeliness of all medical information activities.
- Continue to expand the insights generation capability within medical information.
- Improve and develop rigorous, succinct and compliant medical information processes and ensure adherence to such processes.
- Oversee submission to various compendia.
- Develop/implement appropriate policies, SOPs, business practices, work instructions; develop strategic initiatives to improve efficiencies and quality output
- Oversee the global use, archiving and dissemination of medical content.
- Serve as a scientific resource and educator for Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Support the development of medical communications pertaining to relevant scientific data.
- Understand and implement industry leading technology solutions and multi-channel methods of communications with HCPs and patients.
- Support the development and execution of the medical affairs plan, with particular emphasis on Medical information.
- Contribute to the development, review, and approval of medical information responses and promotional materials.
- Manage the Medical Information budget.
- Support the development and training of direct reports; hire and train new staff.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Ten to fifteen years pharmaceutical industry
- 5-10 years of Medical Information experience required
- Advanced clinical degree required. (PhD, PharmD, or MD preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communications skills and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to collaborate with internal colleagues in clinical, regulatory, drug safety, and medical affairs, and other departments as required
- Ability to inspire a team to excel and foster a positive environment encouraging personal accountability and excitement for the work the team does
- Ability to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with implementing innovative technology solutions and multi-channel communications (e.g. medical information web-portal)
- In-depth knowledge of Medical Information Industry guidelines and practices.
- Current working knowledge the legal, regulatory and compliance regulations and guidelines
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced environment
- Strong strategic planning, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to think broadly about medical information and the needs/impact of these medical communications to healthcare provers/patients.
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Travel will vary, plan on 10-20%.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.