Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research
Category: Corporate | Country: United Kingdom | City: Oxford | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4255
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Director of HEOR will support health economic and outcomes research activities in support of Jazz’s Haematology/Oncology portfolio. The Director will report to the Head of HEOR and will work closely with EU/RoW market access to develop HEOR strategy and to design and implement studies that will facilitate access to Jazz’s products in EU/RoW. The role will be based in Oxford, UK.
- Understand HEOR strategy and develop HEOR strategic approaches for products in different stages of development.
- Work closely with EU Jazz team to develop strategies specific to RoW payers and stakeholders.
- Identify appropriate RoW data sources.
- Work with US and RoW KOLs to implement HEOR analyses, as needed.
- Design, implement, and manage outcomes research projects, including but not limited to retrospective database analyses, economic models, chart reviews etc. for all brands.
- Serve as expert in HEOR methodologies, including economic models, systematic literature reviews, network meta-analysis, and database analyses.
- Work with clinical development teams to identify appropriate trial endpoints.
- Support development and revision of global value dossiers.
- Manage relationships with vendors to ensure timely completion of high quality projects.
- Communicate study plans, study methods and results to internal teams.
- Present health outcomes research findings at scientific congresses and participate in the development and writing of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Evaluate business development opportunities from an HEOR perspective.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy and other business partners.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners on HEOR projects.
- Represent HEOR on cross-functional internal teams.
- Remain current on HEOR data sources and analytic methods.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience in HEOR experience in the pharmaceutical or related industries (e.g., consulting).
- Experience with HEOR strategy and implementation in US, EU and RoW markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, including in-depth knowledge of health economic modeling, PROs and claims database analysis methodologies.
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a variety of health outcomes methodologies and therapeutic areas.
- Solid understanding of epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% time.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Advanced degree related to health economics and/or health outcomes research (MS, MPH, PhD, PharmD).
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.