Global Value Lead – CNS
Category: Corporate Country: United States | State: California | City: Palo Alto | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4149
Same Job Available In 2 Locations
Palo Alto, California, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Summary: This role will be accountable for building a value demonstration capability and for leading global, cross-functional efforts to develop robust and innovative value propositions for molecules across Jazz’s portfolio.
- Accountable for embedding the value demonstration operating model across the organization, working cross functionally to develop the value proposition of key assets, and building the value demonstration capability.
- Lead and design global stakeholder research to understand primary value drivers and requirements for early access and, post-approval, reimbursement and adoption across all products.
- Drive alignment across the global organization on the most impactful value proposition and mobilize each function to deliver the content required from their functions.
- Identify data gaps and data requirements necessary for reimbursement submissions and competitive messaging.
- Develop innovative and actionable value demonstration plans for each molecule/indication.
- Coordinate execution of a plan to address identified gaps through HEOR studies, publications, messaging and influencing.
- Work with market research and competitive intelligence to ensure regular updates to inform individual product indications and implications on market access and uptake.
- Thoroughly evaluate the anticipated outcomes of key Health Technology Assessment (HTA) body evaluations and their implications for value positioning and evidence requirements. Help shape ongoing evidence generation plans accordingly.
- Contribute to protocol design to ensure relevant study design and endpoints in the clinical development plan that will help demonstrate maximal product value.
- Effectively liaise with Medical Affairs and brand team as well as global teams, creating an efficient working style within a diverse organizational matrix.
- Identify relevant and commercially attractive assets (including price potential) in the product pipeline in terms of potential value, as well as market need compared to existing or upcoming therapeutic alternatives in the respective indications.
- At least ten years of pharmaceutical industry experience, including significant experience in reimbursement, market access, outcomes research and/or health economics
- Experience in US and EU/RoW markets
- In-depth understanding of payers and their perspectives in key worldwide markets, as well as trends in pricing and reimbursement
- Preferably has multi-year experience with health authorities, governmental economists and reimbursement agencies, hospital administrators and health care insurance companies’ general management, acquired at pharmaceutical companies, sickness funds, physician associations or health care consultancy companies
- Solid scientific background, with the ability to interpret and critique clinical study protocols, relevant clinical endpoints, and the impact of these on payers and other key stakeholders
- Ability to identify early opportunities and threats in the market and create solutions to benefit from opportunities and to disarm threats
- Ability to identify key product advantages in the context of market requirements and provide ideas for developing individual value stories around the company’s products
- Strong influencing/negotiation skills and the ability to work at peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in other departments
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences
- Experienced and adept at navigating international, multi-lingual, and cross-functional organizational matrices within a diverse and cross-cultural work environment
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results in a timely manner
- BS/BA Required, Graduate level (Master or higher) training in economics, business, pharmacy, or another scientific discipline, strongly preferred
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.