Manager, Corporate Development
Category: Corporate | Country: United States | State: California | City: Palo Alto | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4233
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Manager will have responsibility for the organization’s Corporate Development activities. Oversees and evaluates strategic business opportunities: mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures that fit within the overall corporate strategy, business plan and product portfolio. This position supports cross functional teams to achieve corporate development goals. The role will focus on coordinating and communicating corporate development activities and performing analytics that support transactions. The Manager, Corporate Development will be a hands-on resource to, and have frequent interaction with, executive management and department heads.
- Work with the Corporate Development and cross-functional team to support transactions
- Support the preparation of the business case for transactions
- Support the financial evaluation of opportunities
- Support the in-depth evaluation of potential corporate development opportunities by coordinating financial, market and strategic analyses
- Support cross-functional due diligence process and provide project management from due diligence through conclusion/signing
- Research and analyze secondary market research to provide support for corporate development, strategic and possible M&A activities
- Present business cases and analytics to senior management to gain approval
- Support the design, implementation and management of tools/processes to ensure efficiency and quality of the “deal-process” at Jazz
- Develop and maintain strong external relationships and communication with potential collaborators
- Plays an active role in the long-range strategic and portfolio planning process
- Attend corporate development and/or relevant medical/scientific meetings to search for business/scientific opportunities aligned with corporate interest
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong problem solving and investigative skills
- Expert proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to perform independent research using various scientific and commercial platforms/ databases
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High integrity with respect to maintenance of proprietary and confidential information
- Investment banking experience in the pharmaceutical/life science industry is preferred but not required
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- MS/MBA degree in related discipline and 2+ years of related experience; or,
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.