Manager, Regulatory Affairs, Global CMC
Category: Research & Development | Country: Ireland | City: Dublin | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4039
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Manager, Regulatory Affairs Global CMC will be responsible for CMC regulatory support of commercial projects worldwide.
- Ensure continued regulatory compliance of products though adherence to the change control procedures and completion of regulatory impact assessments. Coordinate with other team members to manage regulatory assessments for changes for commercial products.
- Manage GRA CMC document lifecycles in electronic documentation system, including maintenance of document content, format(s) and metadata.
- Maintenance of current regulatory product information to support product release for assigned commercial products \u2013including the management and maintenance of GRA CMC information (as per IDMP) within electronic regulatory information management system.
- Coordinating planning, writing and reviewing CMC information for all regulatory compliance submissions and notifications (Annual Reports, Renewals, Notifications and YPBRs) for assigned commercial products.
- Participate and support as an active member of a multi-disciplinary team to establish Regulatory CMC strategies (through application of professional/technical expertise and team procedures) for commercial products under the supervision of GRA-CMC leadership.
- Through the performance of risk assessments, work with GRA-CMC leadership to identify and communicate potential risks associated with strategy scenarios to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Support EU, US and global commercial license maintenance.
- Coordinate the preparation of documents and publishing requests to support responses to regulatory agencies, under the supervision of GRA-CMC Leadership. Manage timelines to ensure approvals are timely and development objectives are met.
- Act as regulatory CMC representative at internal meetings for assigned commercial products.
- Verify electronic publishing of regulatory submissions.
- Support GRA-CMC team projects for module 3 writing or health authority responses, as required.
- Support continuous improvement opportunities for the GRA-CMC and the broader GRA team.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and training expectations.
- Support the writing and implementation of new procedures and processes in GRA team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid understanding of quality management systems including change controls, documentation management systems and experience with electronic Common Technical Document eCTD submissions. Previous experience with regulatory information management systems would also be of advantage.
- Solid working knowledge of CMC regulatory and ability to generate clear, well-argued positions.
- Must have experience with CMC regulatory documents (variations, supplements etc).
- Knowledge of FDA, EMA and ICH guidelines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and regulators.
Required/Preferred Education and Licences
- BSc/BA with a minimum of three years of regulatory CMC experience.
- English language – written and verbal communication skills.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Some travel required.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of \u201Cnormal\u201D work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.