Senior Clinical Trials Manager
Category: Research & Development | Country: United States | State: Pennsylvania |City: Philadelphia | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4385
Same Job Available In Two Locations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Palo Alto, California, United States
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Clinical Trials Manager (Sr. CTM) will be a member of the Jazz Pharmaceuticals Development Operations team. The Clinical Trials Manager responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Manage external vendors and contract research organizations
- Prepare study documents such as the Monitoring Manual, Study Operations Manual, Source Data Verification Plan and Laboratory Manual
- Coordinate and be responsible for the design of study materials such as CRFs, patient diaries, study participation cards and source documents
- Assist with protocol development and study report completion
- Manage monitoring activities (may include routine on-site clinical monitoring) at clinical study sites to assure adherence to Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), SOPs and study protocols
- Provide guidance, direction, and management to CRAs
- Track patient enrollment; qualify, initiate, monitor, perform closeout activities, and review site reports; and assist in coordination of data management activities
- Coordinate study supplies
- Negotiate contracts with vendors of clinical trial services
- Review Informed Consent Forms, CRFs, and study related materials
- Plan and participate in investigator meetings
- Assist and support data query process
- Assure regulatory compliance of investigational sites with Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ SOPs and FDA and ICH guidelines
- Ensures trial master file is current and maintained
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 5 years of experience in clinical trial management
- Experience in Oncology is preferred
- Proven Management of people in a matrixed environment
- Management of global clinical trials
- Demonstrated working knowledge of GCP, ICH guidelines and FDA regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Travel required. Must be willing to travel 15-25%, including international travel
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong organizational abilities
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- BA/BS, nursing degree, or advanced degree. Degree in the life sciences preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.