Senior Manager, Project Management
Category: Corporate | Country: United States | State: Pennsylvania | City: Philadelphia | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4226
Same Job Available In Two Locations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Palo Alto, California, United States
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Manager, Project Management is responsible for the execution of cross-functional, US commercial launches. The individual will also be responsible for institutionalizing Launch Excellence and applying Jazz’s Launch Excellence framework to new product commercialization activities. The focus of this individual’s efforts will be driven by the priorities of the US commercial organization. S/he will spearhead critical planning efforts for commercial launches, including the development of cross-functional project plans, governance models, budget, and key deliverables in conjunction with commercial leads and functional teams dedicated to commercial initiatives.
This team member will identify and implement the appropriate tracking tools and metrics to monitor performance as initiatives progress. S/he will also be responsible for identifying cross-functional dependencies, gaps, risks, and issues, and mobilizing relevant team members and resources toward resolution of issues and alignment on critical decisions. As an owner of Launch Excellence, the individual will collaborate with Launch Leads and key functional workstream owners throughout the commercial development and launch planning process to drive adoption of best practices, frameworks, decision tools, and processes outlined in the launch framework. S/he will play a role in training stakeholders on applications of the launch framework and associated content, and updating content to ensure that the most-up-to-date guidance, tools, templates, and examples to apply in the commercialization process.
- Create integrated launch project plans, solicit input from all core teams and sub-teams assigned to commercial launch, and bring stakeholders together to drive alignment on timelines, dependencies, deliverables, and milestones
- Drive adoption of launch framework, including associated processes and content, across product launches
- Accountable for maintaining and updating launch content, including guidance, tools, templates, and examples of deliverables
- Educate stakeholders across all functions and teams on the launch framework, practices, and resources to apply to all commercialization efforts
- Coordinate regular team meetings (for relevant core teams and sub-teams), setting agendas based on project priorities, and collecting information and input to share during meetings
- Partner with work stream and country launch leads, to direct and monitor execution of the launch activities
- Oversee project budgeting and project-relating spending
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and proactively coordinate teams to resolve dependencies
- Determine metrics, develop tracking tools, and monitor performance toward project completion
- Identify risks and issues, communicating them to relevant stakeholders, and mobilizing efforts to mitigate risks and resolve issues that could impact project execution
- Provide guidance and support to help teams accelerate completion of deliverables and address challenges that arise
- Liaise with Project Manager responsible for the NDA submission and approval to ensure anticipated label content and launch timing are aligned between NDA and launch teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven track record in project management, brand management, or product launch experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience leading and executing complex projects with multiple workstreams and sub-teams is highly desirable
- Successful track record of delivering results despite constrained timelines and limited resources
- Product launch expertise acquired through past leadership role in pharmaceutical/biotech product launches is desirable
- Deep familiarity with product launch content, deliverables, and decision-tools
- Strong organizational skills and familiarity with project management methodology, including issue management, risk mitigation, work planning, and progress tracking
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders (including leadership), drive cross-functional collaboration, and motivate teams to execute complex tasks
- Strong writing proficiency and presentation skills
- Energetic and self-motivated to drive progress
- Ability to navigate unstructured problems and use creative problem-solving to overcome challenges
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Planisware experience a plus.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- BA/BS/RPh/PharmD + 6 yrs. experience in commercial launch or a Graduate Degree (MBA preferred) + 4 yrs experience in commercial launch, Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
Description of Work Environment
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.