Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs Operations & Training
Category: Research & Development| Country: United States | State: California | City: Palo Alto | Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4497
Same Job Available in Two Locations
Palo Alto, California, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Operations and Training are an important part of the success of Jazz Pharmaceuticals Medical Affairs function. The Sr. Manager role is mainly to assist in the implementation of the processes and practices across the Medical Affairs function under the Head of Operations & Training. The specific duties of an operations manager include assisting in formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance.
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for the project management of the several projects within the Operations and Training function. Direct responsibilities include managing the operations process, embracing design, planning, control, performance improvement, and operations strategy. The Sr. Director will collaborate across multi-functional teams, cultivate transparent communication and identify needs for improvement in processes and report analytics across the trajectory of his/her projects.
Define the job scope and responsibilities of position.
- Understanding of Medical Affairs review process for field based medical materials.
- Knowledge of creating analytics, and metric reports on the use of systems within Medical Affairs, such as Veeva and PromoMats.
- Generate quarterly assessment on all Medical Affairs review materials
- Work to improve efficiency and productivity of Medical Review process
- Partner with internal stakeholders to produce Medical Affairs monthly education sessions.
- Support numerous projects within Operations & Training.
- Partner in advisory boards and scientific discussion groups logistics
- We are looking for a dynamic healthcare individual with prior work experience as a Sr. Manager in Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s degree preferred.
- The candidate should have hands-on experience coordinating multiple operational activities in a pharmaceutical setting.
- Medical/scientific background preferred.
- Firsthand experience in operations, resource management or project management
- Understanding of policy, planning and strategy
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding numerous projects for medical review.
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and the ability to manage timelines, processes and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to formulate, develop and execute processes strategy into tangible actions.
- Fluent and conversant in English
- Advanced organizational capabilities, ability to multi-task, handle multiple training processes at any given time.
- Requires advanced Microsoft skills that include excel, power point and outlook.
- SmartSheet experience is preferable.
- Cross-functional project management.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.