Sr. Statistical Programmer, Biostatistics
Category: Research & Development | Country: United States | State: California | City: Palo Alto| Type: Regular, Full Time | Job ID: 4614
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and haematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Statistical Programmer position is part of the Statistical Programming Group (within the Biostatistics Department) and is responsible for developing software programs for the analysis of biometric data in accordance to departmental SOPs and guidelines.
- Represent data analysis function in multi-disciplinary teamwork
- May represent the biostatistics function independently in the assigned projects
- Create, review, or approve programming plans and specifications at project and study level
- Program, according to specifications, analysis datasets, tables, listings, and figures for phase I-IV clinical trials and publications
- Review key study documents produced by other functions (e.g. CRFs, data management plans, SAPs, clinical study reports, etc.)
- Contribute to RFPs for programming services from outsourcing vendors; Oversee work of outsourcing vendors at study level
- Maintain efficient interfaces with internal and external customers and vendors with support of the collaborating statistician(s)
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects concurrently
- Develop or assist in the development of procedures and/or software to transfer data from outside sources, such as CROs or clinical laboratories, to in-house systems
- Support quality control of deliverables related to biostatistics
- Maintain records for all assigned projects and archiving of trial/project analysis and associated documentation.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of department SOPs related to clinical data analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Life Sciences or other relevant scientific fields; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing programs for clinical trials using the SAS system;
- Good Knowledge of statistics and drug development process
- Excellent proficiency in programming with SAS
- Experience working with CDISC SDTM and ADaM compliant data sets
- Experience in pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics modelling a plus
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.