Cosmos Holdings has signed a share purchase agreement to acquire 100% interest in Cosmofarm Ltd (Cosmofarm) for an undisclosed sum.

The transaction is expected to be closed in the third quarter of 2018.

Based in the US, Cosmos Holdings is a pharmaceutical company focused on the manufacture of over-the-counter (OTC) and generic medicines, while Cosmofarm is a Greece-based supplier of prescription and proprietary drugs.

Akebia Therapeutics has entered an agreement to merge with Keryx Biopharmaceuticals to create an integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on chronic kidney disease (CKD) treatments.

The combined entity, which will be known as Akebia Therapeutics, will have an equity value of more than $1.3bn. It is expected to have an expanded and highly complementary nephrology portfolio.

Akebia will hold a 49.4% stake in the newly formed entity, while Keryx will own the remaining 50.6% stake, under the agreement.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The transaction is expected to close in the last quarter of 2018, subject to customary closing conditions.

Both companies involved in the acquisition are US-based biopharmaceutical companies engaged in the discovery of innovative therapies for patients suffering from kidney diseases.

Biogen has increased its stake in Samsung Bioepis to 49.9% in a $700m deal with Samsung Biologics.”

Biogen has increased its stake in Samsung Bioepis to 49.9% in a $700m deal with Samsung BioLogics.

Samsung Bioepis is a UK-based joint venture biopharmaceutical company formed by Biogen and Samsung BioLogics.

The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2018, subject to customary closing conditions.

Based in the US, Biogen is a biotechnology firm engaged in the discovery and development of novel therapies, while Samsung BioLogics is a drug-maker based in South Korea.

Agilent Technologies has signed an agreement to purchase ProZyme for an undisclosed sum.

Based in the US, Agilent Technologies is engaged in the research, development and manufacturing of bio-analytical solutions, while ProZyme, also based in the US, is a developer and manufacturer of specialist proteins and enzymes.

The transaction will enable the acquirer company to expand its biopharma consumables portfolio in the rising glycan market.

Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman has been appointed as legal adviser to ProZyme for the transaction.