Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management Conference
Following the enormous success of our Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management event earlier this year, VIBpharma is proud to announce the dates for our fifth annual Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management conference, which will be held 1-2 December 2009 in Brussels, Belgium.
The role of drug safety both in drug development and post-marketing surveillance has increased enormously over recent years, especially in an era where the public are much less tolerant to medical risk and have many more ways in which to express their opinions. With a continually changing regulatory environment it is imperative that you are kept up to date with the latest changes to develop a robust pharmacovigilance strategy in which there are no gaps.
VIBpharma’s Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management conference will bring together major pharma and biotech manufacturers as well as the regulators to find solutions to this increasingly important issue. This event will cover topics such as effectively monitoring RMPs and best practice in their implementation; exploring global pharmacovigilance approaches and creating global risk minimisation strategies; increasing public awareness of the benefit:risk ratio of medicines and ensuring physicians fully comply to the pharmacovigilance regulations; and ensuring the data exchange between companies.
This educational two-day conference, tailored to maximise the sharing of knowledge and expertise and to promote networking for professionals in this area, will ensure you effectively manage risk management with current medicines to mitigate any risks to patients.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Evaluating successful strategies for pharmacovigilance in marketed products to maximise drug safety
- Highlighting successful risk management strategies in a post approval setting to maximise patient safety
- Writing an effective risk management plan (RMP) to mitigate delays in submission timelines
- Best practice methods to monitor and evaluate risk management to assess the effectiveness of your RMP
- Highlighting the FDA’s risk evaluation and mitigation strategies (REMS)
- Focus on Eastern Europe: reviewing the pharmacovigilance structure and regulations to maximise drug safety
For the full speaker list, please see the link below.