Mourne Training Services (MTS) is a training consultancy specialising in learning and development relating to the chemical analysis of pharmaceuticals. Our training solutions are designed to enable the learner to apply their new skills in the laboratory straight away. Additionally, they are designed to utilise the best features of e-learning and online learning technologies. MTS’s range of training solutions includes:
- e-learning training courses, available in a distance learning format (iLearn) and as pre-prepared training courses for in-house use (UTrain)
- Training courses delivered by MTS either as on-site training or using live, web-based training
- Expert advice on your in-house training programmes
- A wide range of supporting training resources
e-learning HPLC training courses
MTS offers e-learning, which is suitable for both individuals and groups. The distance learning option, iLearn, is an open enrolment HPLC training course that is delivered via the internet where the learner has access to the required training materials on specific dates.
The UTrain option consists of pre-prepared training courses, which can be delivered in-house. There are a number of available formats, including web-based training and interactive e-learning modules on CD-ROM.
e-learning solutions from MTS consist of three key elements:
Mourne Training Services
- Training videos – these are animated lectures used to provide all the necessary information for the topic of training
- Exercises – so that learners can apply their new knowledge and skills (solutions for the exercises are provided)
- Assessment – a training certificate is awarded on satisfactory completion of an assessment
All three elements are accessed online via e-MTS, a virtual environment for learning.
HPLC troubleshooting training and HPLC method development training
MTS offers a range of training courses in pharmaceutical analysis. These may be delivered by MTS at your site, or alternatively via live, web-based training. Currently available training courses include:
- Introduction to HPLC
- Troubleshooting HPLC
- HPLC analytical method development
- Analytical method validation
Pharmaceutical analysis training consultancy services
MTS will work with you to develop effective training solutions for your organisation. We understand the challenges of setting up and implementing training programmes for complex analytical instrumentation. MTS services include:
- Identifying staff training needs
- Designing suitable training courses, or supporting your subject matter expert in this task
- Delivering required training, or helping you to deliver the training, in an engaging and effective way
- Evaluating how well your training programmes are working
Training relating to the chemical analysis of pharmaceuticals
The MTS training consultant is Oona McPolin BSc, MSc, CSci, CChem, MRSC. Prior to setting up MTS Oona gained over ten years’ experience working as an analytical chemist in the pharmaceutical industry. Additionally, Oona is an award-winning trainer with specialist knowledge in training design and the implementation of learning technologies. She also works as a part-time science lecturer and is the author of two books on the topics of HPLC and analytical method validation, which are available to purchase on the MTS website.