We would like to inform our sponsors about our new capabilities and latest accomplishments: The...
FOCUS Clinical Drug Development’s new volunteer community website FOCUS4you has gone live today. This is the first German volunteer community platform established to facilitate the exchange of information among our volunteers (healthy subjects and patients) – and with FOCUS.
By using this novel social marketing tool FOCUS will enlarge its volunteer recruitment capabilities and stimulate the interest of young and elderly healthy volunteers and patients to add their contribution to drug development and innovation under the motto: ‘focus4you – Forschung und Du’.
Enhancement of our Phase II-IV activities
FOCUS CDD has just entered into a collaboration with Dr med Reinhild Eberhardt of Dr Eberhardt Clinical Research (Munich). This collaboration will support the expansion of FOCUS Clinical Research Services in patients by enhancing our late-phase activities and experience. It will enable FOCUS to:
- Support our clients from early exploratory development up to confirmatory Phase II-III as well as Phase IV studies
- Benefit from a long-established network of experienced GCP-trained PIs
- Enhance study planning and conduct of larger multi-centre studies
- Enhance Phase II/III activities of FOCUS Moscow in Russia
Furthermore, we are pleased to provide you with some examples of study highlights that we have recently performed or initiated:
- Multiple iv dosing of an opioid in 24 healthy volunteers, finalised within four weeks
- Combined fMRT/EEG study in the FOCUS hospital-based ward (n=24)
- Multi-centre long-term safety study over six months regarding the effect on the male reproductive system
- Inclusion of 20 Japanese subjects within two weeks for a four-way cross-over pharmacokinetic study
- Several complicated exploratory clinical development studies initiated or finished in the last few months (thrombosis, schizophrenia, ulcerative colitis, infection)
- Pivotal multi-centre (40 centres) Phase III study in white skin cancer
- Complex proof-of-concept multi-centre multi-national Phase II study in chronic heart failure with diabetes type 2
- Complex proof-of-concept multi-centre Phase III study (30 centres) in ankle sprain
- Adolescents (partly) multi-centre multi-national Phase III study (30 centres) in vaginal mycosis